Chapter 5 - Get Classes
Once you have completed the steps below, it is time to develop your class schedule.
Class Scheduling Tips
- Register early for the best class selection.
- Many classes fill quickly, and if you wait too long youíll miss out.
- Take your most difficult classes when you are most alert.
- When possible, schedule your classes with 30-90 minutes in between them.
- Thatís a great time to review notes, study with classmates, etc.
- Check the catalog to make sure the class will be offered in a particular semester.
Planning Your Class Schedule
- Try to plan your schedule to include both difficult and easy classes.
- Work with a counselor to develop your SEP with all the classes youíll need to complete your degree or certificate.
- Be flexible if you can in your willingness to take classes.
- At different times.
- In different modalities (television, online).
- Allow plenty of time for travel and parking
- Check before each semester to make sure:
- There are no changes in the class time and location.
- The class hasnít been cancelled.
Reading the Class Schedule
- The Schedule of Classes for each semester will let you know:
- Which classes are offered each semester.
- Location, time and professor teaching course.
- There is a printed schedule
- The most up-to-date class listing is found on
Registration is online only:
What are the Banner Online Services?
- BANWEB is the Bakersfield College student information system.
- You can:
- Access your grades, transcripts, semester schedule, and financial aid status.
- Check your registration status
- Register for classes
- Check the class schedule for open sections
- To access BANWEB you must enter your ID# and PIN