Bakersfield College welcomes your application for enrollment as a F-1 visa student, and our office will make every effort to assist you in the process.
Because Bakersfield College is a two year public institution, admission requirements and deadlines are very simple. The following information provides specific guidelines for applying to BC as a new F-1 VISA student.
* All International students on visa must be 18 years of age as of the beginning of the semester they are enrolling.
* All students must have the equivalent of a US high school diploma.
* Original official transcript of academic records. All transcripts must be translated to English.
* F-1 students are required to pay a non-resident tuition and enrollment fee including a Capital Outlay Fee.
* Deadline for the applications for the international students applying from overseas are May 15 for the fall semester and November 1st for the spring semester.
* Non-refundable fee of $ 50.00 U.S. Dollars. Please send U.S. Money Order or Cashier Check payable to Bakersfield College International Education.
* Submit photocopies of the passport
* Submit one passport size photo.
* One page personal statement about your current educational goals and your goals after completing your studies at BC.
* Registered Nursing and Radiology Technology major students will be admitted as a PRE-RN/ RT majors. Once the pre-requisites to the major is completed, the student will additionally need to follow the supplemental application guidelines and requirements for the program.
* A completed statement of financial support with a bank statement.
* Download a PDF version of the international Student Application , instructions , dependents and Financial Support forms. Fill out forms and mail them to:
International Student Admission
1801 Panorama Dr.
Bakersfield, California, 93305