BAKERSFIELD COLLEGE FOREIGN STUDENT APPLICATION FOR I-20 INSTRUCTIONS FOR COMPLETION
The following documents must be on file in the Office of Admissions and Records by May 15 for the Fall semester and by November 1 for the following Spring semester.
- Bakersfield College Foreign Student Application for I-20
- Application Fee: $50 -U.S. money order in U.S. dollars payable to Bakersfield College. The application fee is non-refundable and is only valid for the semester applied for.
- Letter on bank letterhead from your sponsorís bank indicating the amount in U.S. dollars in an account which will cover educational expenses for at least one year.
- Results of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). You should request that the TOEFL report be sent directly to Bakersfield College, Institutional Code: 4015.
- Official transcripts of academic records together with an English translation certified by the educational institution in which you were enrolled or by a notary public, and a transcript of courses in progress.
- Composition (100-200 words) in English in your own handwriting explaining your educational goals and why you have chosen Bakersfield College.
- One photograph, passport-size
When all documents have been received and you have been approved for admission, a Form I-20 A/B (Certificate of eligibility for Nonimmigrant F-1 Student Status) will be mailed to you. When you receive the Form I-20 A/B, it must be present to the American Embassy or Consulate in your country to apply for the F-1 student visa.
If you are presently an F-1 Visa student at another school in the United States:
A TOEFL score or a qualifying score on the Bakersfield College ESL Assessment may be used to determine English proficiency for admission.
The following documents are also required:
- Copy of passport page which contains photograph
- Copy of visa page
- Copy of I-94 (front and back)
- Copy of I-20 (front and back) from your present school
- A Transfer Eligibility Verification form completed by your present school